Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

Vestee


(Please excuse the weeds, we have been quite busy this summer!)

Here is my belated posting for Alden's Vestee. I really enjoyed knitting this, simply because it is just so satisfying to knit for my baby. However, I found many aspects of this pattern confusing. I learned that many more experienced knitters have "just assumed" certain things about the pattern that I did not get right away and had to make adjustments (I really hate frogging unless it is absolutely necessary!). Hence, the only evidence of my frustration with the pattern is the rather large, cowl-like collar. It isn't supposed to be so large and long, but so be it. Alden doesn't seem to mind!

It is so hot lately and Alden is growing so fast, I am actually hoping for some cool evenings so we can really enjoy his Vestee!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I think it's totally adorable! The collar never quite lay right on Si's vestee either, but the sweater overall was so cute, I figured, oh well! I love your color choice. Looks perfect on him!

Goce said...

He is adorable! Great sweater! :)