Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Weaving

My resolution for last year's New Year was to learn weaving, since my Mom gave a loom last Christmas. This is what I have been working on for the past few months. Back in September, I participated in a small group workshop that was a sort of intro to weaving. I decided to make a scarf for my Mom's Christmas present. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of choosing a yarn that was too thick, and frizzed out too easily. So it was a terrible chore to weave with the yarn. It is fine to choose a thicker yarn for the weft, but the warp must be thin and manageable. Lesson learned.










The finished product, only a mother could love. She might use it as a table runner. Or hang it on her fridge.

2 comments:

Goce said...

That looks great, a like it!

Kathleen said...

I love it! It is NOT on my refrigerator; I wear it!!

Thanks, sweetheart!